20 Eisenhower Avenue
Beverly MA 01915
Lisa Oliver, Principal
The students and staff of the Cove Elementary School welcome you to our website! We hope you will find this information helpful as you learn more about our school.
Cove School is located on the coast in one of Beverly's historical neighborhoods. The "Cove" is home to Lighthouse Point, Beverly Harbor, Endicott College, Landmark School, Lynch Park, and many other North Shore landmarks. Moreover, the Cove School has recently been expanded and renovated to include individual art and music rooms, a full production stage, gymnasium, a media center, spacious play area and full-service kitchen.
Our school community prides itself in the following areas:
- Curriculum and staff development follow the guidelines of the Massachusetts State Curriculum Frameworks. We have a strong emphasis on the areas of Math and English Language Arts through dedicated and uninterrupted learning blocks. Literacy blocks include whole class and small group instructional time. Our building reading specialist, special education staff and interventionists support small group instruction during literacy blocks in order to differentiate instruction for our students, providing the necessary skills to develop successful readers and writers.
- Uninterrupted learning blocks for all students, as well as common planning time for each grade level team of teachers.
- Library/media specialists, automated library listing over 8,000 titles, and a well equipped computer lab where students learn keyboarding skills and access the Internet for research purposes.
- Computers available for students in each classroom.
- A full-time reading specialist, reading coach, Title I math teacher and two full-time special education teachers to fully service the needs of our students.
- A full-time registered nurse with examining room, recovery room, conference room and office.
- Weekly instrumental and strings lessons offered on site.
- On-site after school care offered by the YMCA.
Cove School has a student population of 440 and a staff of over 60, with a strong and supportive community and parent base. The school offers a positive, nurturing environment with a dedicated and professional staff. Teachers challenge and motivate our students to do their personal best and encourage social growth and responsibility. Additionally, the Cove School Council, comprised of staff and parents elected by their peers, assist in writing a biannual school improvement plan which focuses on improving student achievement.
Successful fundraisers offered through the PTO provide the resources for many quality, cultural arts and enrichment programs, field trips, and classroom supplies. A school directory, yearbook, an auction, Family Fun Nights, Family Math and Science Nights, participation in Destination Imagination, and a reading festival are just a sampling of the little "extras" that distinguish Cove School.
If you would like to learn more about Cove School, or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at 978-921-6121 or email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Lisa Oliver, Principal
Cove Elementary School
The Cove School has a buidling-based Equity Coordinator to support staff and students with issues of discrimination and harassment. If you have questions or concerns regarding the districts Discrimination/Harassment Policy or would like to report an incident of discrimination and/or harassment, please contact:
Ilene Conway, School Adjustment Counselor: 978-921-6121, extension 108